Derosa Music Academy Terms and Conditions
First term Academy FEES are invoiced at the point of Enrolment. The term fees are payable in advance at the start of each term either in FULL or via Direct Debit . Invoice Fees are based on the school terms. We run our term dates in parallel with state school terms. Payment can be made by debit card, credit card, online, BACS or Direct Debit. If you wish to pay cash this will need to be done in store.
MISSED LESSONS | CREDITS | REFUNDS
If a pupil is absent;
- We require 7 Working Days notice to avoid losing the lesson
- Lessons missed cannot be refunded
- In certain circumstances we may be able to offer an alternative time if space is available but this is not guaranteed
If our teacher is absent;
- We will either arrange for an alternative teacher to take the lesson
- Offer a make up the lesson at a future date
- If either of the above is not possible, offer you a refund for any lessons missed in the form of a lesson credit. Credits are calculated at the end of the term. All attendance records are kept for invoicing and future reference. This source of information is used for any queries regarding your lessons and refund calculations
In the event of bad/severe weather conditions;
If we feel it is necessary to close the school due to bad/severe weather conditions and for the safety of all pupils, teachers & staff, we will offer an alternative lesson in the holidays. By the nature of this decision we are unlikely to take this decision in advance of the day it may occur.
If you are unable to make this alternative lesson unfortunately we are unable to refund or credit the lesson.
The same condition will apply where there are any other circumstances that we could not have foreseen & are beyond our control.
LEAVING THE DEROSA MUSIC ACADEMY
Please be aware of the following;
- In the event that you want to leave the Academy we will be sorry to see you go.
- We require a one months notice period, equivalent to 4 lessons.
- Simply advise us via email, text or in person.
- You can leave immediately but only the balance after the 4 lessons have been deducted will be refunded.
SAFE GUARDING CHILDREN
All teachers are DBS checked. They work within a safe guard policy details of which can be seen here.
Every care is taken to ensure the health and safety of your child whilst on our premises. Derosa Music is only responsible for your child when in a Derosa Music lesson.
We are unable to provide any form of supervision before or after the lesson. For this reason, students remain in the care of accompanying adults before and after lessons. Parents / Carers are requested to arrive a few minutes before the lesson starts and a few minutes before the lesson has finished. This ensures a smooth and safe transition between lessons for all students.
Please do not leave your children unattended before or after lessons as we do not offer childcare facilities. In cases where you are unavoidably detained (e.g. traffic or emergency) please contact the shop and let us know.
We ask parents not to enter a students lesson without prior permission as this can become disruptive for both teacher and pupil. This may also cause safeguarding issues in the case of group lessons.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Health and safety is a responsibility we take seriously. Please bring to our attention anything that may give you cause for concern.
Please note we may not have a qualified First Aider on site.
We provide Pianos and Drum Kits for lessons.
All other instruments Pupils are expected to bring their own instruments.